- Destination Heaven 10-31-13
- Angels Watching Over Us 10-30-13
- Life Can Be a Struggle 10-29-13
- Unanswered Questions 10-28-13
- A Matter of Focus 10-27-13
- Leading Horses To Water 10-25-13
- The Long Way Home 10-24-13
- Kindred Spirits 10-23-13
- Oh, Those Imperfections 10-22-13
- Gleaning the Harvest 10-21-13
- Days of Remembrance 10-20-13
- Rainy Days 10-19-13
- House for Sale! 10-18-13
- Driving Into the Dawn 10-17-13
- Being Changed 10-16-13
- A Scarf from Target 10-15-13
- Harvest Haze 10-14-13
- An Appreciation of Art & Music 10-13-13
- One Day Closer 10-12-13 Mirror, Mirror On the Wall 10-11-13
- Happy Birthday to ME :) 10-10-13
- I'm Stubborn-There I Said It 10-09-13
- Insomnia 10-08-13
- Empty Nesting - In the Moments 10-07-13
- Shhhh... Don't Tell God! 10-06-13
- Childhood Hopes 10-05-13
- When Sorrows Like Sea Billows 10-04-13
- Baby Toes 10-03-13
- Moving Through the Fog 10-02-13
HOPE, A Warm Spot 10-01-13
Sometimes the world seems cold... and, we just want to find a warm spot.
|Looks like an Apple commercial; however,|
someone just wanted a warm spot
on a cool night
On a cool night, it's nice to snuggle up under a fleece blanket by a crackling fire.
When you are feeling inadequate at your job or in your classes or in relationships, it's nice to surround yourself with loved ones who don't judge you & just love you.
The LOML has a crazy habit that drives me nuts in a good way, I guess. When he was a young person, he got mild frost bite on his toes from hours & hours of non-stop skiing on the hills of northern Pennsylvania. He claims that his feet are just never warm. Well, when winter comes, he seems to find a toe warmer on my feet. YIKES! But, I love him, so...
A month or so after my father went to be with the Lord, my mom commented on how she missed reaching over & feeling the warm spot by him in the bed on cold nights. That's a longing for a warm spot that almost brought me to tears.
We all long for a warm spot at times... to bring us a little hope.
"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone?" Ecclesiastes 4:9-11
Linking this month with The Nesting Place
for the 31-day Challenge