Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 October 2013

HOPE, A Warm Spot 10-01-13

Participated in The Nester's 31-day challenge... HOPE,  HOPE, HOPE... more topics than I could share in 31 days!!
My first post...

HOPE, A Warm Spot 10-01-13
Sometimes the world seems cold... and, we just want to find a warm spot.


Looks like an Apple commercial; however,
someone just wanted a warm spot
on a cool night

On a cool night, it's nice to snuggle up under a fleece blanket by a crackling fire.

When you are feeling inadequate at your job or in your classes or in relationships, it's nice to surround yourself with loved ones who don't judge you & just love you.

The LOML has a crazy habit that drives me nuts in a good way, I guess. When he was a young person, he got mild frost bite on his toes from hours & hours of non-stop skiing on the hills of northern Pennsylvania. He claims that his feet are just never warm. Well, when winter comes, he seems to find a toe warmer on my feet. YIKES! But, I love him, so...

A month or so after my father went to be with the Lord, my mom commented on how she missed reaching over & feeling the warm spot by him in the bed on cold nights. That's a longing for a warm spot that almost brought me to tears.

We all long for a warm spot at times...  to bring us a little hope.

God promises...
"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone?"  Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge


2 comments:

  1. Love that verse!! It's one my hubby and I like to use :) So excited to be a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you too Heather :) Thanks for the follow!!

    ReplyDelete