Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 October 2013

HOPE, I'm Stubborn-There I Said It 10-09-13

A friend recently asked me how I can always sound so upbeat & positive. I replied, "Apparently my voice is a good actor!" 
More than upbeat, I'd have to say I'm hopeful. 
And, as for positive, I'm positive that this life here can be pretty tough.
... I'm stubborn!
I told my friend that more than anything, I'm stubborn -- stubborn that I won't let the hassles of this world steal my sanity... steal my hope... steal my joy... steal my witness.

I don't know about you but, I feel like over & over I hear clever, even profound, quotes about how Christians choose to be joyful regardless of circumstances. When (as my dad used to say) the rubber hits the road, choosing joy is often tougher said than done. But, it isn't impossible. I need to make a conscious, daily effort to choose joy. And, I believe my stubborn attitude helps with that. If I have any choice at all, I want to choose a JOYFUL spirit.

I love the 27th chapter of the Psalms. And these 2 scriptures inspire me: 
The one thing I ask of the LORD—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Psalm 27:4, 5 NLT
One of the things I like about that passage is that it talks of living in the house of the LORD all the days of my life -- not just holding out here on earth until I'm with Him in heaven! And, how can I live in His house all the days of my life? I strive to make a conscious effort daily to delight in his perfections... to meditate... to recognize that he will protect me when trouble comes - as if being hidden far from the reach of trouble!

LORD, let my stubbornness be used ONLY for Your glory!

Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment