Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 October 2013

HOPE, House For Sale! 10-18-13

There's something different about having HOPE and HOPING for something to happen. 

I'm writing this post on October 18, 2013. On March 18, 2010, we closed on our current home. The past 41 months, I've been HOPING (and praying every night while holding the hand of the LOML!) that our other house would sell! I wasn't so sure about moving out here... in the sticks... close to 30 minutes from anywhere. However, the past 41 months, has assured me that this was the RIGHT MOVE. I've also heard a "whisper in my heart" that God is working in His own time!! Although, it doesn't usually feel like it's quite fast enough!


"Durbin Manor"
"Durbin County Cottage"











I've wanted "Durbin Manor" to SELL SOON. But, it hasn't. It hasn't sold in 41 months... and counting as you read this. But, I still HOPE...  believing that God has some totally cool plan with regard to when it will sell & to whom it will sell.

Having two mortgages for 41 months has been... rough. Having two properties to maintain for 41 months has been... rough. Having co-signed defaulted college loans to pay in the past 41 months has been... rough. Having out-of-state college fees to help with in the past 30 months has been... rough. Trusting in God has been...rough.

In all of this, God has remained... faithful! I don't know why... but, I believe (and 'I know that I know that I know' - as my grandma used to say) that all this waiting is a part of God's perfect plan. Pray with me to that effect... that's God's perfect plan will be fulfilled with this house. Agree with me in prayer that the perfect new owner will come in God's perfect timing.

Want to join me in that prayer? I'm waiting on the LORD to do this :)

Thanks,
stuckinindiana 

His promises...
...they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge




No comments:

Post a Comment