Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 October 2013

HOPE, Moving Through the Fog 10-02-13

If I were to write a book about the past few years, I could easily (and accurately) entitle it, Moving Through the Fog. Come to think of it, that's much better than Being Stuck in the Fog. 

The past few years have been a struggle. But, with the support of some great friends & due, more than anything, to my relationship with Christ, I've kept moving. The process may have been one step back, two steps forward. But, overall, it was progress in the right direction.

In the worst fog, you might not be able to see well enough to drive a car. But, there's almost always enough visibility to walk ahead. That's probably the first lesson - Don't be in a hurry!



And on most days, as seen in the picture above, the visibility on a foggy morning gets better as the rays of the sun chips away at the the density of the fog. So, the second lesson - Trust that time will make things better.

When you feel like your life is in a fog, take hope in this:
  • slow & steady is much better than hurry scurry
  • time is on your side
  • just because we can't see something doesn't mean it's not there
God promises...
"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1
Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment