Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 October 2013

HOPE, Driving Into the Dawn 10-17-13

For those adult women reading this, what appointment do you dread the most each year? For me, it's the annual female check-up. And, this year I kind of missed my annual appointment on January 16th - due to the birth of my first GLAMdaughter at 8:10am, ten minutes into what would have been my appointment.

Fast forward into August & September... I finally got around to re-scheduling the appointment. And, the nerve of them, their first suggested date was October 10th. Ummmm, I don't think so -- I refuse to have that check-up on my birthday. I asked for the earliest appointment they had on the first day after my birthday. (I always want that so I'll have less time to think about it during the day.) I was surprised to learn that they take 7:30am appointments now. But, I took it!


I awoke in plenty of time to visit with the girls before they headed out for their morning at the day care. It was pitch black outside. I got ready & headed out for my 7:30am doctor's appointment. During a certain season of my life, I was always up & about at that time of day. Lately, I rarely get out that early. In the few times I've done so however, I'm reminded that I LOVE THE DAWN. 

As I was driving into the dawn this morning - still awaiting the sun to crest the horizon, I was blessed with the hints of daylight beginning to illuminate the sky. And, I was reminded of the closeness to God I always feel when I see the day dawning.

When our family drives straight through the night from Indiana to our former home, south Florida, I'm the one who takes the middle-of-the-night driving shift. I'm energized by the hint of dawn. It fills me with a sense of excitement & hopefulness. I'm reminded of the scripture that tells us of how we are to approach God with our requests...  
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3 NIV
My life has been full of some pretty dark times in the past few years. In the darkness, I hold tight & await the dawn. You could say that I make effort to drive into the dawn from the darkness. He's always faithful to bring new light into my world!
Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace. Luke 1:78-79
Take the time & make the efforts needed to walk along the road of the righteous - those in right standing with God. Receive hope by driving into the dawn!
The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18
Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment