Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 October 2013

HOPE, Unanswered Questions 10-28-13

One year ago today in the #31Day challenge, I wrote Crazy Questions! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 28 October 2012. And guess what? In the past year there have been a few too many mornings when I've awoken with a feeling of foreboding about questions in my life that day. I have a daily habit of reading several brief devotionals that I receive via email. And, this one from HomeWord.com came on one such morning...
Asking God 
Ask for God's help today with faith & fervor, and then watch in amazement as your mountains begin to move.

Be patient, we don't need to know everything right now. In this life we won't be able to resolve every question, solve every problem or understand every situation.

We don't need to fret over God's timetable. We will inherit all the promises of God through faith and patience. ~ Roy Lessin

I am reminded that a sense of foreboding needs to be replaced with a sense of hope. God is at work - even through all the unanswered questions!


His promises...
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6
Love this thought & song from the movie, The Preacher's Wife...

Hold on, help is on the way!

No matter how we feel about the "effective Christian witness" of Whitney Houston, I believe God used her & many of her songs to point the way to Him.

Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment