Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 October 2013

HOPE, One Day Closer 10-12-13

I rise before the dawning
of the morning,

And cry for help;
I hope in Your word.
Ps 119:147
For some reason last night, I had some "nightmarish" dreams. If they'd been about fictional people or beings, I think I would have returned to sleep - dismissing the value of them. But, the dreams were about people I love & things that have been of concern to us over the past year or so. SO, I BEGAN PRAYING. I told God that I seriously did not know how much longer I can wait to see Him answer this heartfelt prayer & to understand what the "plan" was! In some of the moments, I feel like I've been waiting forever!! 

Last night was not the first restless night or time of questioning & wondering what was going on. When I get this way, I think about a great scripture passage found in Daniel:
Only I, Daniel, saw this vision. The men with me saw nothing, but they were suddenly terrified and ran away to hide. So I was left there all alone to see this amazing vision. My strength left me, my face grew deathly pale, and I felt very weak.Then I heard the man speak, and when I heard the sound of his voice, I fainted and lay there with my face to the ground. Just then a hand touched me and lifted me, still trembling, to my hands and knees. And the man said to me, “Daniel, you are very precious to God, so listen carefully to what I have to say to you. Stand up, for I have been sent to you.” When he said this to me, I stood up, still trembling. Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. Daniel 10:7-12

The scriptures which follow tell of some of the obstacles which were encountered & conquered by God's messenger as Daniel's prayer was being answered.

God says He will answer our prayers. And, I know that His timing is perfect. But, it's not always easy to WAIT until understanding comes. I am trusting that God's messenger is encountering & conquering... in answer to our prayers. 

THIS MORNING... is one day closer to the answer to my prayer. And tomorrow will be another day closer. And the next day... one day closer :) Here's to a bright tomorrow. After all, it'll be one day closer!

Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment