Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

22 October 2013

HOPE, Oh, Those Imperfections 10-22-13

I'm anything but perfect - as many of my friends know. I want to be a reflection of Christ at all times.  But, face the facts, we all have times when we think, "Hmmm, maybe I should have handled that differently." When we fall, we need to get back up & immediately look to God.

There have been times when I let things that happened in the past have way too much control on what I do in the now. I've not cut those burdens loose. I've allowed them to pull me down - away from what I can be in Christ. I've accepted those weaknesses as "being just a part of me" and, frankly, settled for less than what God had for me. I've fallen down & refused to get back up.

Are there things in your life which you allow to "hang around your neck" zapping strength to accomplish tasks & goals. There's a great promise in God's Word for the times when we let imperfections affect our success. Each morning, when you wake up, claim the promise found in Corinthians 5:17: 
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."  
Christ is in the business of making us NEW. We ask for forgiveness & He lets OLD THINGS pass away. He gives us renewed strength daily. He lets us start over. He keeps us from stumbling. God's total acceptance of me & belief in me inspires me to be a better reflection of Him.

I encourage you to let the old pass away & start all over, believing that 
"He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it."  Philippians 1:6     
Be encouraged! We all have imperfections. God is in the business of using us regardless of them. God is in the business of making us new daily when we are in communion with Him.


Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment