Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 October 2013

HOPE, Being Changed 10-16-13

What's your first gut reaction to the following question:
Do you like change or do you dislike change?
My first response would probably be that I dislike change. I feel better when I am comfortable with things -- after I've had some time to get familiar with how things are. Just the word "change" can bring up all sorts of thoughts of uncertainty. The idea of change has sent me into panic mode on more than one occasion.

But, as we all know, there's really no way to avoid change. If we refuse to move, things continue to move around us. And, before we know it, we are changed by it all. Change can be good and, it can be bad. I wrote a blog post several years ago which I've yet to publish. The title is "I Am Forever Changed!" Something had happened in my life that shook me to the core. I didn't know how I would go on with that change. Writing about it that day was the beginning of the process to pick up & move forward.  

I love this quote: 
"I can be changed by what happens to me, but I do not have to be reduced by it." ~ Maya Angelou
Regardless of my desires... daily, I'm being changed. The question is whether I am being changed for the better or otherwise! I think we all have the choice to allow changes to mold us - instead of break us. We can learn from changes in our lives to become better. We can choose to make changes in our lives to help us become better. 

I don't want to be reduced by change in my life... I want to be made better! I want to say honestly to the Lord... not my will but Thine be done... as I am being changed!
His promises...
"We are assured and know that all things work together and are fitting into a plan for good to and for those who love God and are called according to His design and purpose.Romans 8:28
Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment