Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

19 October 2013

HOPE, Rainy Days 10-19-13

It's October here in "Hoosier Land" or, as I call it, StuckInIndiana. And, the weather today is cool & rainy. I've been battling a sore throat, body aches & a bad cough for the past few days. I'm determined to nip that in the bud! There's no time to be sick in my world right now. We have a sweet little 9-month old angel & her mommy living with us now. Life is FULL :) Thankfully, I'm blessed with a great LOML (aka spouse) who's been willing to help out a little more than usual with meals at night. That's allowed me to get some much needed rest at the end of the past few days.

The night brought cooler temp's and a light rain. That didn't discourage some of our household members! Our sweet daughter is totally loving motherhood & had the day planned already for her little girl. They were up early, all excited for the day regardless of the weather. And, as I posted on Facebook this morning...


Q: What does a girl do on a rainy Saturday?


A: She puts on a frilly skirt & glittery boots
and heads to the Children's Museum with a few dear friends!

Sometimes when we encounter life's rainy days, it's the perfect time to dress up in glitter and ruffles to face the day head on. Sometimes when we encounter life's rainy days, it's the perfect time to stay in fleece jammies while reading & writing and leisurely catching up on a few things around the house. Instead of letting a rainy day dictate what you do, choose what you do to suit what you need! I've learned that life lesson through the rainy days of my life! Some days I head right out into the rain. Other days, I nestle into the warmth & comfort of my home, resting up for another day.

As a little child, I memorized the verse, 

“Honor the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.” Exodus 20:8
The New Living Translation reads, “Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.” And, their commentary notes read, 
“The Sabbath was a day set aside for rest and worship. God commanded a Sabbath because human beings need to spend unhurried time in worship and rest each week. To observe a regular time of rest and worship in our fast-paced world demonstrates how important God is to us, and it gives us the extra benefit of refreshing our spirits. Don’t neglect God’s provision.” 
This cool, rainy Saturday, I am enjoying SABBATH!

Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment