Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

07 October 2013

HOPE, Empty Nesting - In the Moments 10-07-13

Well... we got a few months of Empty Nesting. And, it was... pretty sweet :) 

The LOML & me :)
I knew the LOML (aka Love of My Life; aka My Husband for the past 20+ yrs now) for over 5 years before we married. I knew him as a friend at first. In truth, he was the younger brother of my good friend, Tammy. I'd been invited to all their family holiday gatherings -- since my family lived out of state. I'd watched him play church softball with his brothers & father (whom I'd affectionately named "Daddy Dale" in those days). I'd fixed him up with a girl from church that was his age (I'm not ready to comment honestly on that subject quite yet). I'd remained his friend as the years went by - growing to know him better - knowing who he was & knowing his family. 

And, in those passing years, I'd begun to know what God wanted of me... for me.

On February 10th at 8:10 pm, I knew he was the ONE with whom I should spend the rest of my life - not just the man I wanted to marry for a time... but, the man I would love forever :) I began to look forward to sharing life with him... and parenthood with him. I looked forward to spending the rest of my life with him. I looked forward to the days we could be together again - just the two of us.

Then, the time came :) Both children moved from our home & began their lives as young college students -- as young adults. We were Empty-Nesters. And, it was sweet!! We loved it! 

But... things changed. 

And... we adapted. 

So, at this point in our lives, we are doing the "empty nest" season just in the moments. We thank God for how He's working at this time. We hold onto to the HOPE that our "Empty Nest Days" will happen with more regularity -- not just in the MOMENTS for now... but in GOD'S TIMING :)

In the meantime, we are grateful for the MOMENTS!

His promises...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment