Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 October 2013

HOPE, Life Can Be a Struggle 10-29-13

If I was asked to sit down & list the times that God has been faithful to me - through protection, by giving me a peace beyond understanding, while walking through the illness or death of a loved one... through a lot of things - I could probably come up with 25-30 examples in no time. Yet, when I'm in the middle of a struggle, I question once again, "Why is this so hard? Why is life such a struggle?"

It seems that it's no time from when one task or challenge is met until another rears its ugly head. My depression & anxiety issues don't make it any easier. And, then there's those feelings of inadequacy I fight from childhood & youth days. It feels like a lot of energy has to be exerted to move through almost every day. It takes hard work & trusting in God to manage many things that life throws in our path! What inspires me to do it?? Hope in my Lord!
This is why we work hard and continue to struggle (suffer in some translations), for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. 1 Timothy 4:10
My identity is in CHRIST
& His Word promises 
strength for the day
Life can be a struggle.  But, with God, I allow HIM to fight the battle. I thank God that I am able to wake up each morning with a sense of hope, renewal & strength for life's struggles and for life's JOYS!

Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment