Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 October 2013

HOPE, Appreciation of Art & Music 10-13-13

I grew up in a home with parents who valued art & music. My mom had begun drawing at very early age. My dad didn't take up painting until he was in his early 60's. But, he fell in love with painting pictures to remember meaningful locations or to document times with his grandchildren. My mom had been brought up on classical music & church music. My dad liked show tunes, the "crooners" & church music. Our home was always full of art & music.

Two of my favorite things to do have always been going to concerts and going to art museums or shows. My husband & I took our children to such events as they were growing up. Today, both children are talented artistically & musically. And, our home continues to be full of music & art. Our daughter is completing her senior year with an art degree and is already helping her daughter create art even at such a young age...



We are blessed to be able to LOVE on that sweet baby grand-daughter. And, if she's anything like her mommy or her uncle, she will be a lover of art & music as well. If she's anything like me... her "DeeDee", she will love art & music.

The other day (when she gave me the card above), I got to watch our sweet little girl for the afternoon. I picked her up at noon & she feel asleep in the car seat listening to classical music as I headed to Mounds State Park. I enjoyed a leisurely drive through the park until she awoke. We headed into the nature museum to look at God's art :) She loved seeing the displays & watching the fish swimming in a large aquarium. She especially loved a little finger puppet in the gift show - a Monarch butterfly. Naturally, since it was my birthday, I had to buy it for her to document our lovely afternoon at the park on my birthday. 



I can see the beauty of the Lord around me in the sunrises & sunsets... in butterflies & hummingbirds... in a smile... in deer grazing on sweet grass by a pond. And, I believe that art & music are some of the greatest forms of God's creation - each reflecting the complexities of God, as well as the simple pure joy. I see God in art & music>

I'm hoping we will have another family member who will grow to appreciate art & music... but, mostly the beauty of God in everything He created. 


Let heaven and earth praise Him, The seas and everything that moves in them. Psalm 69:34 
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD! Psalm 150:6
Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment