Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

06 October 2013

HOPE, Shhhhh... Don't Tell God! 10-06-13

Are you completely honest with God? Seriously, are you?

Have you ever thought about something & then thought in your head, "Shhhhh... don't tell God!"  

I remember a time when I was afraid to verbalized my thoughts when I was talking to God. I tried to NEVER think or say or pray anything that I knew wasn't what a "good Christian" would think. I wanted to plan out my prayers - instead of just have a flowing conversation with God.

I was raised by parents whose faith was very real & very vocal. My father was a pastor. My mother was a missionary's kid (& a pastor's wife in her adult days). I thank God that they genuinely walked their talk. They weren't perfect but, there was never any doubt in my mind that their hearts belonged to the Lord.
Stop!
Don't go down

that path!

I learned the meanings of omnipotent, omnipresent & omniscient at an early age. Kids love to know BIG words :) And, regardless of my commitment to God at any time during my life, my belief that He was all powerful, all present & knew everything never wavered. I still managed to rationalize that I could though, in a way, fool God.  More than thinking I could fool Him, I think I felt that I couldn't be completely honest with God & be loved totally by Him if I were to verbalize all my feelings to him.

As I've grown in Him, I've come to believe that our questioning & processing is exactly how God created us to handle life's ups & downs. Often times we have to play out an action in our minds before pausing to say, "Stop! Don't go down that path!" God loves us enough to let us be a part of the process. He allows us to choose - even when He sees it might not be the best choice.

As I am open & honest with God, I find that I am more confident to trust Him in new situations. He's always there to help me as I choose which way to go.

His promises...
Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21


Linking this month with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment