Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

21 October 2013

HOPE, Gleaning the Harvest 10-21-13

Just to clear my conscience, I need to make a few true confessions first off: 
  1. I didn't NOT like the post that I had ready to go for today. It just didn't feel right for the day -- more adjustments needed to be made.
  2. I went back to bed after the girls left & slept in WAY too late due to getting to bed around 2:30am after returning home from the Colts/Broncos game last night. GO COLTS!!
  3. Around noon, I was running late to get my sweet A before her mommy went to class.
  4. I threw sweats over my jammies & headed out the door. (No Target scarf today to distract.)
And, as is very typical this time of year, I found it very hard to drive by the farmers harvesting the fields without snapping a pic or ten! But, I managed to get to our fixed meeting point for our glam-daughter just ahead of her mommy. HOWEVER, on the drive home, I just had to stop for a pic or two. Our sweet baby girl was fast asleep in the car seat, so I why not stop to take a few harvesting pictures.

Suddenly, I came upon what clearly had to have been a huge "OOPS"...
... and the wheels of my mind began turning. I could USE some of that for seasonal decorations and more! I'll post pics of those as they come to fruition. I texted with a few farmer friends to see if gleaning this would be acceptable. I didn't want to get in trouble. I was going to do this in the clear sight of two semi drivers & 2 workers in the field. My friends said, "Sure, go for it." So, I did!



Some "DeeDees" sit at home crocheting pot holders or putting up jams & jellies. This one texts a farmer or two to get some feedback. Then heads out to glean the discarded field corn as the GLAMbaby continues her nap in DeeDee's little yellow car while resting to Mahler, Chopin & Dvorak.

God's word tell the harvesters:
"When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field when you reap, nor shall you gather any gleaning from your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the stranger: I am the LORD your God.” Leviticus 23:22

I would label myself as the stranger in the scripture above. What I did is certainly stranger than what the normal person would do. But, the entire experience filled me with wonder & joy. I love the harvest & I love the harvesters. And I love a God who created me with a childlike sense of wonder over the simple & natural things He created here on earth.

What's around you to glean today... to bring wonder & joy to your spirit. Like my mom used to tell the kids as they were learning to paint at very young ages, "It's all there. Look around you. You just have to find it."


Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge


Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...


No comments:

Post a Comment