Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 October 2014

Annoying Someone for Life

What's the recipe for a good marriage? Some of the ingredients I'd put in that recipe:
* friendship
* grace & forgiveness
* support & encouragement
* patience
* honesty
* humor, humor, humor

I've been married to the LOML for over 25 years. And, laughter has been a big part of those years together. Oh trust me... we don't see eye-to-eye on plenty of things. And, we both have the "death stare" perfected. But, we enjoy laughing with each other and, often, at each other. 

The old saying says "laughter is the best medicine". There's a lot of truth to that statement - especially, I would say, in marriage. I totally agree with Rita's words below:
"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ~ Rita Rudner
Linked with the Nesting Place community through the write31days challenge, October 2014 - post No 2

Other posts of mine about marriage & relationships:

No comments:

Post a Comment