Walking the beach early one morning on a foot that was KILLING ME* resulted in getting several great pictures of the sunrise. And, walking early in the morning (especially by the sea) puts my mind to thinking. This particular morning, I was thinking about how I profess to be a believer in Christ and a follower of Christ. I don't try to hide it. I'm quite open about it. I thought about how that public profession of my personal faith might put me in a position where I'd be closely watched...
- watched to see if my actions are in alignment with my beliefs
- watched to see if I'm a contributing member of society or oblivious to what is happening in the world around me
- watched to see if there's any reason someone else would want to live this way or choose to believe as I do
- watched to see if I'm kind & accepting or harsh & judgmental.
- Do people see that my belief in God is real and of value?
- Do my actions accurately reflect the saving grace of the One I claim to serve?
- Do my reactions to what's happening around me & in my life align with the words I speak about my beliefs & convictions?
- Do I seem unaccepting of people who don't share my views?
As I hobbled along on my throbbing foot*, I was reminded of an Old Testament scripture found in Psalms:
"From the rising of the sun to the going down of it and from east to west, the name of the Lord is to be praised!" Psalm 113:3 AMP
I'm praying that my life will praise (or lift up versus drag down) the name of Jesus from the rising of the sun 'til the going down of the same.
|right foot exterior metatarsal - ouch!|
* About the foot... I took the picture at the top while walking on New Smyrna Beach, Florida 8-14-09... walking on a foot that was KILLING ME... a foot I found out was severely fractured 10 days later! But, I'm glad I went walking that day. I would have never gotten those beautiful shots!