Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

15 November 2014

Recipe for ORANGE Protein Smoothie

Things in the garden are shutting down and, if left to my own devices, I would too. I'd get out all my winter jammies, wash them up again - so they'd smell super fresh, and never leave my house. But, that's another post...

I've said it before, I am experiencing major withdrawal pains over the prospect of not being able to run out to the garden to satisfy my fresh, organic fruit & veggie cravings! This past summer was an odd one living out-of-state for 8 weeks. I didn't realize how much I'd taken my fresh garden veggies for granted! I hate to see those days end.

The other day, I used my last two cucumbers in a
strawberry-cucumber protein smoothie. Aside from some onions & arugula, we only have winter squash left to enjoy. And, as we all know, those are FULL of great anti-oxidants. We roasted two large butternut squash the other night for supper & ended up with a few cups left for another meal. I shared a little with a friend, munched on some for lunch yesterday & decided to try a NEW recipe out for a protein smoothie :)

On Instagram (yes, I'm stuckinindiana there too), I often use the hashtag #GrowSomethingGreen on pics which include our garden bounty. I shared the above picture and used that hashtag with a side note of ORANGE today as I was counting blessings for the month of November.

Here's what I blend up...
  • 3-5 sections of a fresh orange (for the juicy effect)
  • 4-5 frozen peach slices (for the frozen effect)
  • 3/4 C. of roasted, peeled & cubed butternut squash (no seasoning needed in the cooking - just a little water in the pan)
  • 2 scoops of protein powder
  • 3/4 C. of almond milk
And that's it... a yummy, frosty ORANGE treat... even when the garden is shutting down for the pending winter.

Other Recipes:
     Iced Coffee
       



No comments:

Post a Comment