Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 November 2014

House Embarrassment

This morning I'm surrounded by clutter. Some of the clutter is clean laundry waiting to be folded & put away. Some of the clutter is the contents of a purse emptied while searching for the check book. And, then there's just the normal "clutter" hanging out on floors, furniture and counters: children's books, school papers, unopened mail, clean dishes to be put away & dirty dishes to be cleaned AND so much more!

The priorities in this season of life lately have been more important than keeping up with things around the house. And, I'm reminded of a "pairing" I did some time ago about an unclean house. I loved the quote.
"At the worst, A HOUSE UNKEPT cannot be so distressing as a life unlived." ~ Rose Macaulay
A few days ago a new friend (whom I met through the Nesting Place #write31days challenge) shared a post that reminded me of where my priorities should be in these weeks.
Please hop over & read this brief & insightful post from PlaidFuzz: "How to be Content in a Crappy House
And take a few minutes to check out Melissa at The World According to PlaidFuzz on Facebook and her page over at PlaidFuzz

THE stuckinindiana ADVICE FOR TODAY:
FOR ANY OUT THERE STRESSING ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF... 
Relax about some of the things which might be stressing you out today & focus your time and attention on the IMPORTANT things in life :)

Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment