Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 September 2014

#JoyDare No. 2891. Iced Coffee by the Cement Pond

A friend asked for my recipe the other day when I shared the following picture and #JoyDare: 

 #JoyDare No. 2891. Iced Coffee by the Cement Pond

Iced Coffee with stuckinindiana
Ingredients:
2 cups cold coffee
3 heaping spoons of sugar
1/4 cup (approx) of half & half OR heavy whipping cream (yummiest)
One "booze drink shaker thingie with a lid & strainer cap in the lid"-  full of ice
One tall glass with a straw - full of ice
Canister of whipped cream for topping if you are feeling especially fancy that day
And, if you are feeling extra fancy-schmancy that day, put in a drop of your favorite flavoring extract (e.g. vanilla, almond, hazelnut, pumpkin pie spice, cocoa, pecan, peppermint, etc.)

Instructions:
1. Heat the coffee in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (or on the stove to a boil)
2. Fill the booze drink shaker thingie with ice
3. Put the sugar on that ice
4. Pour the cream over the sugar & ice
5. Pour the hot coffee over that
6. Close the lid completely and SHAKE VIGOROUSLY 
          I sometimes think about what I am going to do to the LOML if he keeps leaving his dirty socks under the bed skirt!
7. Remove the little cap on the booze drink shaker thingier to strain the iced coffee from the shaker into your glass full of ice
8. Garnish if you wish with whipped cream :)

Yield:
2-3 glasses of delicious iced coffee

PS  I always make sure the refill glasses have plenty of ice!





8/28/14 #JoyDare No. 2891. iced coffee by the cement pond
WHY? Because God is fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment