Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 May 2012

April 2012 ONE THOUSAND GIFTS JoyDare


APRIL 2012
One Thousand Gifts (by Ann Voskamp)
#1000Gifts #JoyDare
Buy book here...      

I've taken the 1,000 Gifts Dare for 2012... here we go for... 


APRIL 2012
Today I find JOY in...
Sun Apr 1
265. Accidentally shoplifting

266. Celebration of two young friends (Mason & Lo)
267. Sweet honesty; tears; complete acceptance (WMLTeam)

Mon April 2
268. Once again giving thanksgiving & trusting for a miracle to come
269. Apple smoked grilled pork loin - yummy
270. Someone here to talk w/the LOML about "brackets" (Bracken)
Tues April 3
271. Leftover black & blue salad on the deck
272. Electric fan on the patio - 'cause it was HOT out!
273. Just swingin' - love outside time w/the LOML at the end of the day
Wed April 4
274. Uncontrollable urge to get just the right angle for a photo

275. Farmers who work so hard this time of year
276. Green olives - i might like them TOO much

Thurs April 5
277. Honesty w/my accountability partner
278. Care package for my little boy - who isn't little anymore
279. Star Wars sheets protecting plants from the pending frost

Fri April 6
280. Waking up & thinking immediately about the meaning of the day (Good Friday)
281. Laughing at my typo's - not (but, I am thankful I can type!)
282. Beautiful pic of "not-so-young-lady" Lylah Rose "<3"
Sat April 7
283. Opening the cement pond

284. Getting my butt kicked in Words w/Friends & then getting to use the word "pout" for the new game!
285. Easter dinner on the day before.

~~~~~~~
Easter Sunday April 8
286. Morning song from many, many years ago: 
Flowers awake & spring time's here
Blue birds sing a song of cheer
Church bells ring out loud & clear
Happy, Happy Easter!
287. Easter Sunday church beside my daughter & the LOML - my hubby!
287. Dinner from the grill

Mon April 9
288. Strange men seeing me in my jammies & robe

289. 55 degree water in the cement pond :D
290. Reminder of Ecclesiastes 3 from the frosted lilac blooms

Tues April 10
291. True meaning Lost in Translation - you'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter...
292. Working on The Tuesday Scoop (ps all the way to 11:25pm)

293. My sister referring to our son as "your rockstar son"

Wed April 11
294. A lilac carpet - frost got us last night :/

295. Making a good impression for my crown
296. Banter w/my brother-in-law

Thurs April 12
297. Everything is never quite enough - as far as worldly possessions go
298. Concerned friends - sweet, sweet Lylah - I love her!
299. Quick phone call on the porch swing to my sister-in-law

Fri April 13
300. Writing "People are NOT Spoons or Spatulas"
(not yet published though)

301. Leftovers for lunch - beside the cement pond

302. Friday nights with NO PLANS except the LOML

Sat April 14
303. Sleepless night & YouVersion on my cell
304. Being woken up by daughter in the same way she did when she was 3 - 
peeking under the covers
305. The family room overtaken by ART & PLANTS;
and a game w/my grown up little girl :D


Sun April 15
306. Faithfulness to fellowship when I'd rather sleep in
307. Unexpected invite for a quick dinner
308. Solidarity
Sometimes supporting someone means not going to bed when you're incredibly tired
& sitting beside them while they work to meet a deadline :/

Mon April 16
309. White caps on the cement pond

310. Fishing 2 lawn chairs out of the cement pond
311. 1st night of being r12 (Romans 12) study w/close friends

Tues April 17
312. Reminding myself to give thanksgiving for what GOD is working on
- inspite of how it appears to me!
313. A husband (the LOML) who understands my passions
314. A 12+ hour day of ministry

Wed April 18
315. This year's nest w/5 eggs
317. Special sit-down dinner w/family

Thurs April 19
318. Shared purple iris bulbs having 1st buds this year
319. Milk does a body good - as does eating leftovers outside!
320. Listening to Bruckner's Symphony No. 8
- excited that we'll get to hear our son perform it soon

Fri April 20
321. Cactus by the side of the road -
in Indiana??
for the 3rd spring this
has come up along our road
322. Holding down plates just to be able to
eat on the deck of a restaurant w/my BFF Heiter
323. Fun at the Dinner Dance -
even if we no longer have "birth" kids there

Sat April 21
324. Morning bagels & coffee
325. Praying w/o ceasing in a rough talk w/loved one
326. Late night & sweet text from child
~~~~~~~
Sun April 22
327. Great sleepless night verse: 
"I rise early, before the sun's up; I cry out for help & put my hope in your words."
328. Alternative plans to lunch - since meat was still frozen
329. Reassurance in my heart that there WILL BE beauty from the ugliness we are experiencing at this time

Mon April 23
330. Hitting the ground running - a good thing for Monday's
331. Laughter from my sister-in-law's comment over the phone: 
"That Jack Black's not much to look at, but he sure has made something of himself."
332. Throwback meal of hamburger gravy, rice & veggies on a cold evening

Tues April 24
333. Not being able to go back to sleep after waking at 6:40am
334. Rachel's toasted marshmallow & peanut butter sandwich
and my apple slices & peanut butter
- under the trellis outside :)

335. The LOML's silly sense of humor:
"What, you cooked a whole bag of carrots?!?!
What a waste of a bag of carrots!"

Wed April 25
336. Comfort in the Shadows in the Night
337. First wildflower bloom (in my "secret garden")

338. Giving myself STARS for eating so much green on "leftover night"

Thurs April 26
339. Smiling while doing dishes in my Glam Gloves

A "happy" to me from our daughter :) 

340. Drive to lunch at Gaither Family Resource Center w/accountability partner

341. Bruckner’s Symphony No. 8 in C Minor at CCM – favorite trombonist of all time 




Fri April 27 

342. Connecting with people through Women’s Ministries & Worship Arts at Madison Park Church 

343. YouTube surprise blessings while working on the Worship Arts weekly e-note 

344. No plans Friday night w/the LOML! 


Sat April 28

345. Sleeping in way too late due to my no voice condition – thank you spring allergies :/ 

346. Lots of ugly beautiful –

aka lots of hurtful things w/trust that God will be at work in & through them 

347. The smell of fabric softener on clean pillow cases



Sun April 29 

(3rd day w/no voice) 

348. Rachel Snitzer singing “Give Me Jesus” in church & Orchestra Sunday & SILENT praise 

349. Quiet coffee time w/hubby at Starbucks after 1st service 


350. My husband standing up for me during a rough conversation w/a loved one & hard work pruning to relieve stress! 

Mon April 30
351. Reminder from the baby birds outside that His Eye is On The Sparrow & I know He watches me!  Matt 10:29-31
352. Signs of life & hope for a future in my sun room
353. The funniest picture I've ever received via text
The LOML is an OFFICIAL planker!
Can't think of a better picture to have before this statement...

AND THUS CONCLUDES APRIL 2012 #1000Gifts #JoyDare


I've taken the 1,000 Gifts Dare for 2012... click on the name of each month below for each one...

January 2012... I find joy
February 2012... I find joy
March 2012... I find joy

No comments:

Post a Comment