Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 May 2012

February 2012 ONE THOUSAND GIFTS #JoyDare

FEBRUARY 2012
NOTE:  I LOST THE PICS FROM THIS ONE & WILL BE ADDING THEM BACK AT SOME POINT :/
One Thousand Gifts (by Ann Voskamp)
#1000Gifts #JoyDare
Buy book here...      

I've taken the 1,000 Gifts Dare for 2012... here we go for... 


FEBRUARY 2012
Today I find JOY in...

94. Making a smoothie for my 22 year old daughter just like when she was 3 years old :D
95. Cold, but sunny, walk outside along country roads
96. Having my hubby bring home dinner 'cause I'm too worn out to cook

97. The reminder tone each morning from YouVersion.com Time to read your BIBLE :D
98. The sight and SMELL of freshly tilled cornfields on a winter day - spring is on the way someday!
99. Holding hands & praying - even if only a quick prayer
~~~~
100. My accountability partner knowing how much I hate to leave in the winter & talking OVER the phone w/me on a cold, snowy day (instead of me driving into town)
101. A "FAT" Snowbear mug holding coffee by the fire - I claim the FAT bear -- not the svelt skating bear!
102. A friend who's still a true FOREVER friend -- even when our kids are grown & our paths rarely cross now that the kids are grown
~~~~
103. Having my hubby home longer when he gets to work in town... instead of down town :D
104. Cheese pizza at Greek's w/my hubby
105. Getting a surprise text from a neice in Florida
~~~~
106. Knowing that God wants me to get to know a person & cover them in prayer
107. Rediscovering truth in scriptures I've forgotten
108. Cuddle Duds on a cold day :D

109. Waking up & being inspired to make breakfast - when I really didn't think I wanted to
110. Seeing that someone read my blog & thinking it might speak to their heart in some way
111. Tearing up junk mail before it even makes it from the mailbox into the house

112. Being able to see for miles & miles from my spot at the breakfast table
113. The smell of fabric softner on a towel or sheet
114. Putting soft music on my iPod AFTER my hubby has fallen asleep

115. An uneventful Saturday morning after a pensive Friday night
116. Holding hands with my hubby while we're driving over to Cincinnati & being comfortable with & content in quiet times beside my husband (aka Bear)
117. Seeing my son in the orchestra pit of Don Giovanni at his college & hearing him say "Love You Too" to me in front of his college roommate :)

118. Coffee delivered to me in bed... coffee with whipped cream on it!!!
119. My hubby MUAHAHAHAHAHA'ing when Tiger Woods messes up
120. My daughter laughing at me for calling a Hershey Bar w/Almonds a health snack (milk & almonds)

121. My wonderful friend KMajeski - using X for Christ in her notes, etc. (The practice of using the symbol “X” in place of Christ’s name has been going on amongst religious scholars for at least 1000 years.)
122. A 14 year old who sends me a message saying we need to connect soon
123. The sight of my hubby grilling just outside the window in 33 degree weather - before the snow comes

124. Individually text bombing all my girlfriends who have iPhones with a "heart"
125. Random texts from girlfriends throughout the day
126. God's timing -- 15 minutes to spare. Thanks God!

127. A few hidden peanut butter M&M's
128. Leftover Perkinsville pork & lettuce wedge w/blue cheese
129. Encouraging stories from MOPS meeting friends

130. Watching my husband eating a spinach & cheese omelette just to be at the table w/us!
131. Pulling chairs up to the pastry counter at Panera for a FUN picture
132. Knowing that my accountability partner of over 15 years LIKES me - even though she knows all my "dirt"

133. Daily devotion that was a perfect end to the week
134. The cat sunning in the sun room
135. Pajamas all day - days!

136. Breakfast made for ME by my daughter on a Saturday morning
137. Church on CNN!!! What a time full of Joy in the LORD!
Whitney Houston's Memorial Service
138. My husband laughing like a 10 year old while watching an old episode of Star Trek

139. Make-up done BEFORE getting in the car to ride to church!
140. Sermon that made me wanna hug Jesus' neck!!!
141. Running throughout the Commons after church hugging my girlfriends!

142. The field behind us plowed - look out Indian artifacts, here we come!
143. Dinner - grilled steaks, baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms & steamed broccoli AND Jessica's comment when I told her she was ruining her father's & my romantic dinner: "Well, I am the product of your love!"
144. Warm cozy bed - even when sleep hides from me

145. The sound of gentle rain on a sleepless night
146. Old movies playing in the background on a rainy day (Sense & Sensibility; Sound of Music)
147. Girls Night In - watching "An Affair To Remember"

148. Sun room taken over by young artist :)
149. Spinach & strawberry salad with 2 great friends
150. Writing a check IN THE BANK w/the jank checkbook my husband made for me!

151. Dropping ONE of my large hoop earrings on the way to the car & spending the rest of the day looking like a Pirate!
152. Accidentally taking the cordless phone in the car for the day
153. Friends from different walks of life

154. Way too many great things to do - much better than the opposite
155. Childhood memories of sitting in a strawberry field eating until I about popped
156. Being able to say NO when I feel I should

157. IM'ing w/BFF's - at my age :)
158. The smell of acrylic paints taking over the sunroom
159. Leftover white chicken chili on a night when I don't feel like cooking

160. Knowing almost ALL of the current songs played during down time at showchoir competitions
161. The sound of wind in the shagbark hickory sounding like waves crashing on the shore
162. Going to bed knowing there's more than 10 hours before I have to be somewhere

SUNDAY
163. Jews for Jesus at Madison Park Church
164. Leopard print rainboots for $15
165. Tromping through mud w/the LOML on a Sunday afternoon

166. Putting together a care pkg w/Tagalongs in it!
167. Dressing up for the concert 'cause the LOML has to wear a suit to work (and I love him!!)
168. My son's "unconventional method" of putting his trombone mute in

169. The juicer that was ANCIENT when it was gifted to me by a friend 20+ years ago!
170. Online classes at Ivy Tech (this is a HUGE one folks! Thank You LORD!)
171. Not being an emptynester at the present time (because I got to walk the country roads with my daughter today!)

172. My "home-made" gift for baby Chase
173. An incredibly SUNNY Leap Day & a FREE Del Sol bag that gets its color ONLY when the sunlight shines on it!
174. I'm not the only CRAZY person who chases the moon for a great photo (see pg 104... in One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp)


AND THUS CONCLUDES FEBRUARY 2012 #1000Gifts #JoyDare


I've taken the 1,000 Gifts Dare for 2012... click on the name of each month below for each one...

January 2012... I find joy


No comments:

Post a Comment