Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 May 2012

March 2012 ONE THOUSAND GIFTS Joy Dare

MARCH 2012
One Thousand Gifts (by Ann Voskamp)
#1000Gifts #JoyDare
Buy book here...      

I've taken the 1,000 Gifts Dare for 2012... here we go for... 

MARCH 2012
Today I find JOY in... 

Thurs Mar 1
175. Buying "happys" for my spa retreat roomies
176. A prayer meeting organized on Twitter & Facebook :)
(Rejuvenate & Beloved)
177. A continuing journey seen through a finished painting
(for Rejuvenate)

Fri Mar 2
178. 3-4 errands done & home by 10:15am
179. a GPS that took Jess & I to a really NICE home instead of the site of our Women's Retreat (lots of laughs!)
180. Giggling with girlfriends after a very FULL day!

Sat Mar 3
181. Meeting with 60+ other women who were sans make-up but FULL of smiles
182. Oatmeal on my face & make-up done by my daughter
183. Hanging out for over 4hrs at Chesterfield American Legion Post #408 celebrating a "daughter" -- Aimee Grills <3
Sun Mar 4
184. Attending a church where jeans & sweaters isn't out of the ordinary - but better yet, where the WORD of God is spoken freely & boldly!
185. Sitting beside my hubby while he watches golf
186. Holding hands & praying
(a desire of my heart given by God)
Mon Mar 5
187. Anguish over wanting to do something, feeling I should do it, but not seeing any way that I could -- yet BELIEVING that God's gonna make it all okay!
188. Unexpected "romantic dinner" w/the LOML due to a last minute "better dinner offer" call to our daughter
189. Our son using his sister's original artwork for his cover photo on Facebook

Tues Mar 6
190. Seeing my two not-so-little-anymore kids say "I love you" to each other -- Facebook can be good :)
191. A 4th-quarter Hail Mary Miracle from God with the help of a sweet friend
(which answered #187)
192. Beginning an attempt to start a Trending Topic on Twitter #NSBchFACT
Wed Mar 7
193. Huge personal connection to story of Jacob wrestling with the Angel of God
(being broken ----> being blessed)
194. Pig Poop Fertilizer smell wafting in from the fields as I read the words, "The Ugly Beautiful" - knowing that "stuff" will nourish this summer's crops
195. Surprise birthday celebration for one of our #1000Gifts Book Club girlfriends
Thurs Mar 8
196. A rainy day - a chance to rock my new leopard print boots
(also knowing that my daughter is wearing the ones I bought for her)
197. Impromptu rainy day photo shoot on the campus of AU
198. My BFFHeiter is hilarious - man w/2 legs story!
Fri Mar 9
199. Farm fresh eggs & gifted gerbera daisies

200. Spring cleaning outside patio & garden
201. Mourning doves returning to our homestead for another year & day lillies breaking through the barren ground

hmmmm... i seem to have lost Sat Mar 10

Sun, Mar 11
202. Sunny drive to Sunday church and 3 young deer in along side the woods
203. Transforming nearly dead dollar plants from Lowe's into 5 new pots for the spring & summer

204. Lava cake & fresh home made whipped cream :)

Mon Mar 12
205. iPod ear buds & a window seat
206. Strong friends (jammed door)
207. Ocean roar through closed windows
Tues Mar 13
208. Familiar places (the Wild Side, the Breakers)
 
209. Being awaken from a nap by a wave claiming my beach towel
210. An outdoor dinner & conversation with a sister-friend
as the motorcycles rolled by

Wed Mar 14
211. Quietly writing beside a sweet friend who is quietly writing also :)
212. Trying to save the lives of a resting family of 4 as the sea attempted to claim them & all their belongings
213. A National Seashore Park where beauty abounds & people don’t

Thurs Mar 15
214. My morning text “coffee’s brewing, come on over when you’re ready”
215. Slathering sunscreen on & then soaking up the sun by the ocean
216. Pizza on the patio and clean beach towels drying in the dryer & in bed by 10pm!

Fri Mar 16
217. The reminder that God needs me to let go before he can finish some things (sea glass)

218. Outside showers & borrowed towels
219. Looking down upon mountains of clouds & feeling giddy like a young child

Sat Mar 17
220. Coffee in bed beside my hubby after 5 days away
221. Things accomplished at light speed on a cleaning day
222. Pruning old limbs to prepare for new growth

Sun Mar 18
223. Jazz music for the offertory
224. Yard work in the sun with hints of the beach

225. Resting with my feet propped up after a long day

Mon Mar 19
226. The vibrant colors of winter wheat & forsythia

227. Re-purposing treasures from the old lake house

228. Laughing at my husband as he guesses the judges scores before they say them on Dancing With The Stars

Tues Mar 20
229. Trombone music with a new mute

230. Red lipstick on white jeans & a new suit for Tyler (Exit 10)
231. Sleeping in the back seat of the car while the boys talk in the front

Wed Mar 21
232. Summer temps in mid-March
233. Three colors of highlighters
234. Holding hands & praying w/the LOML before drifting off to sleep

Thurs Mar 22
235. Wind chimes & a sunny day with cheddar cheese/olives/Wheat Thins
236. A friend who's walked the same path of confusion & uncertainty
237. String of "Christmas" lights through the growing clematis vines.

Fri Mar 23
238. Quick bursts of heavy rain washing the windows (& world) clean.
239. Robins bathing in the water on the pool cover.
240. Toasts to "empty-nesting" even if only for a few hours.

Sat Mar 24
241. Pictures that will stay in my mind long after being deleted from the camera.
242. Outdoor concert via the internet

243. Quiet "nothing nights" w/the LOML

Sunday Mar 25
244. Blueberry scone beside my daughter in church
245. Birthday present for the LOML
246. Unexpected WARM weather for yard work

Mon Mar 26
Today featuring alliteration :)
247. Burgeoning blooms (early spring!!)
248. Handsome hunk (the LOML aka my hubby) 
249. Friendly fire (the LOML grilling on his new birthday present grill)  

Tues Mar 27 A Family BIRTHDAY Day
250. Humor on Twitter
(RT @kimmi-ellen: My back is so sore. I feel like an old woman. // me: My back is so sore. I AM an old woman.
251. The girls who serve w/me on the MPC WomMinLeadTeam
252. Birthday dinner at Bonge's
 
Wed Mar 28
253. Morning walk-abouts - - in my jammies, robe & flip flops

254. Errors in the grocery store (Excuse me sir, where do you keep your nuts?)
255. Girlfriend time on the back patio swing

Thurs Mar 29
256. Surviving the oral surgeon visit & being amused at his office decor




I get the Jimmy Buffett in the patient room but...


what the heck is that thing...
257. Strawberry cheesecake for lunch
(okay, lowfat cottage cheese & a few fresh strawberries chopped up on top)
258. Friends who are like family - and sometimes more comfortable than family (well... some of the family)

Fri Mar 30
259. Valuing another's treasures

260. Pain med's!!!  (after extremely painful visit to oral surgeon again!)
261. Arby's drive through w/my hairdresser (also a fun friend)
while my color was processing!
Sat Mar 31
262. Late morning & sipping coffee in bed
263. More & more lilacs every day!
264. Long, hard days where you know you'll sleep well!
 
AND THUS CONCLUDES MARCH 2012 #1000Gifts #JoyDare


I've taken the 1,000 Gifts Dare for 2012... click on the name of each month below for each one...

January 2012... I find joy
February 2012... I find joy

No comments:

Post a Comment