Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 April 2012

There's Comfort in the Shadows

I sit here - on the living room couch (gifted to me when the neighbor got new furniture) by the light of two 4 watt bulbs and find comfort. Comfort in the sound of the ticking clock above the fire place. Comfort in the long shadows cast by the ceiling fan & the legs of the farm chair handed down 4 generations. Comfort in the warm kitty curled up & sleeping peacefully on my legs for the past 2 hours. Comfort in the lingering thoughts of the peace found in God's Word on this & other sleepless nights. Comfort in the hum of the refrigerator in the kitchen just past the wall. Comfort in knowing that my loved ones are tucked in their beds fast asleep here - on this night.

I am blessed beyond measure with my "comfortable" life. Yes, there are trials to come with the day - illness to battle, broken relationships to be mended, lost souls needing You. These sleepless nights are bothersome - at the very worst. But, God brings comfort. In this moment, my thoughts & prayers go out to those who have no comforts which I often take for granted.

Dear God,
Bring Your comfort & peace to those who find little comfort in their lives. Make us mindful of your bountiful blessings upon us. Open doors for us to share those with others. On sleepless nights, bring peace & safety to all of Your children. As daylight comes bring guidance & strength.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment