I don't know what it is about shopping... but, it makes me even more crazy than normal. Shopping almost always makes me anxious. It doesn't relax me at all. It doesn't make me happy. It makes be feel out of control and helpless and very crazy!
As I was pushing my cart through the same clothing section for a third or fourth time, I noticed that I was talking to myself -- NOT audibly. I'm not yet THAT crazy! I was telling myself things like:
- You'd better check those racks again. You probably missed what you needed the first few times around.
- Are you forgetting to look for something? Take a moment. Think it through. Don't miss something. You know how you hate to shop. You don't want to have to return anytime soon!
- What about this coming fall? What will she need for this fall? Oh my goodness... what do we have at home for the fall??
- How much money is all this stuff going to cost me? Should I put a few things back??
- Didn't I just come in for a few items? Why am I here still?
- You know, it wouldn't hurt for you to look for something for yourself!
- Wow, the LOML is gonna kill me!
- Why am I here so long? I have things I need to do at home. Please... get... me... out... of... here!!!
I"m sure Paul wasn't talking about ME SHOPPING IN YEARS TO COME when he wrote these words...
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6 NIVHowever, I'm thinking that God knew that for me... prayer & shopping would go hand-in-hand! I am NOT a fan of shopping!
Well... except when I'm with this girl...
|Best shopping partner... EVER!!|