|I have a theory... |
The family who PLAYS together
STAYS together :)
I remember coming up with all sorts of "reasons why" as a young child. I wonder if it had to do with the fact that I felt out of control over a lot of my life back in those days? It could have been a coping mechanism to help me deal with life -- as it were. I also felt from a very young age that if I observed things carefully I would be able to come to better conclusions about them over time.
Granted... many things cannot be explained & sometimes there seems to be no reason WHY a specific thing should have happened. But, that didn't stop me from trying to figure out SOME of the reasons :)
Some of my theories...
- When testosterone kicks in, mental reasoning diminishes exponentially
- The majority of human beings don't really become "mature adults" until their late 20's or early 30's
- Certain "less than desirable traits" which are noticed at a very young age are often the traits that serve to save a person as time goes by. (with maturity often comes the way to use those traits not only for our benefit but for the benefit of others... even for humanity)
- There's more to the meaning of "women being a help-mate to man" than doing work for him; there are many times I've gotten the impression that many men are often clueless.
- I'm Okay... You're Okay! Seems to vary in meaning & interpretation from generation. My mom & many of her peers take that that to mean, you should like me just as I am & never suggest I could make any changes to improve myself. I take it to mean love everyone no matter what they are like... but, always try to help them be better. In addition to that, I'm okay as I am but, that doesn't mean I don't need to be in a constant phase of change -- becoming a better me, a better representation of God!
I go to the WORD...
- "We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments." 2 Corinthians 10:4 NLT
- "Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning." Galatians 1:11 NLT
- Insomnia..."I woke up this morning, having gotten about 5 hours of sleep, yet feeling as though I'd slept 10 hours. AND, I have a theory on that..."
- Crazy CONTROL... "My life's out of control lately. And, I don't like it. I have a theory about this topic of CONTROL..."
- I Hate Over-Achievers... "Where's the line between giving your best and demanding too much?"