Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

10 December 2013

I Hate Over-Achievers!

Have those words ever crossed your mind as you watched someone going above & beyond what was required or expected? I've thought it many times while watching others & wallowing in my insecurities. 

And, I dare say, it's been thought of me as I've pushed myself or pushed others in the hopes that the best would happen or that efforts would be recognized & rewarded. That pushing was also, most likely, fueled by my insecurities.
Where's the line between giving your best and demanding too much?

Loved this clip art I found!
Throw in a baby & a few
more other things...
Add a few pounds & a longer skirt...
and you have ME!
I'm an over-achiever and, I often hate that about myself. I have the desire to cover-up anything happening in my life that is less than okay or might make me look like a slacker. On the other hand, I love to write about & share my life honestly and openly with friends & those who read my posts. This, perhaps, is another reason I write from the identity of "stuckinindiana" :)

Well, if you think I have the answer to the question, "Where's the line between giving your best and demanding too much?" -- I'm afraid you might be disappointed with this post. My entire blog is more about "the journey" than "the answers." I've struggled with the question above since early childhood! I imagine it'll be a challenge for me for years to come.

And, guess what? I have a theory on that :) I believe that there are certain areas of weakness in each of us which rear their ugly heads frequently. I believe that most of us re-fight many of the same battles as we move through life. With each time the ugliness appears, I find it best to immediately hand it to God. I fight the battle once again with His help. I believe God refines us in the fire, making us stronger through those reoccurring struggles. I've learned a variety of things fighting my over-achiever battle again & again :)

Where do you stand on the question:
Where's the line between giving your best and demanding too much?
A promise I claim:
"I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'These are my people', and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.'"  Zechariah 13:9
Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment