Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

26 October 2012

Crazy Control! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 26 October 2012

My life's out of control lately. And, I don't like it. I have a theory about this topic of CONTROL. My thoughts... if & when a person experiences some sort of trauma from not having control over what happens to them in a certain situation, relationship or time in their life they can easily go forward in life trying to control WAY TOO MANY things! And, their ways to control things might not result in what's best for them in the long run.  

I experienced a time in my life when I was victimized by an authority figure.  Being a child at that time, I tried to understand WHY. And, the only thing that I could come up with at that time was that I had somehow allowed, and possibly encouraged, that situation to happen. I vowed to never let anything like that happen again. And, I vowed that I would always be IN CONTROL.

But, as the years passed & experiences shed a new light on life, I began to see that there are many things in life which are beyond control. This realization was quite troubling to me initially. In truth, it calls out to me still from the back of my mind. But, one statement that my mom always said to me & which always brought a cringe to my being was, "Life is not fair. God is fair."  


Put on salvation as your helmet,
and take the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God.
I'm probably weaker than most but, I seriously do not know how I would cope with this desire to CONTROL things if it were not for the constant reminders I intentionally place in front of my eyes daily.  The Serenity Prayer is often quoted & memorized to help us lessen our grip on the need to control. It's very helpful!

DO YOU BATTLE THIS NEED TO CONTROL THINGS?  

HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOUR LIFE?  

WHAT DO YOU DO TO SLAY THE BEAST?  

I rely on some pretty powerful promises in... 


His Word
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog; using it because i love the words of God)
  • I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33
  • "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation." Romans 5:3-4 NLT
  • "We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one." 1 John 5:19 NLT
Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...


No comments:

Post a Comment