Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

21 October 2016

Get Me to the Church On Time #write31days 10-21-16

Tonight my older sister is singing this song...

     I'm gettin' married in the morning
     Ding, dong, the bells are gonna chime
     Pull out the stopper, we'll have a whopper
     But get me to the church on time

And, I'm loving the fact that I get to be a part of her big day tomorrow. An outdoor wedding in a fall setting at a Virginia state park has now been moved to a small country church - thanks to the weather forecast for tomorrow. Rainy and in the 40's is not the best weather to walk down a beach path toward a little pier. But, the day will be bright and full of love & happiness. And cherished memories will be made.


As we've visited tonight with my sister & her soon-to-be husband, I've been filled with emotion seeing the love and friendship between them. The LOML & I are here with the Little. And, the Little has taken an instant liking to her new "Uncle". There's a sense of peace & rightness about all of this.

My sister has waited almost 40 years for this day. We are so excited for her. She and I have shared a love for older movie classics. And, we were talking about My Fair Lady tonight. I'm notorious for being late and have a suspicion that my sister will be singing to me in the morning...
Get me to the church on time.

5 Minute Free-For-All - #write31days 10-21-16

No comments:

Post a Comment