Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

23 October 2016

Sometimes Things Slip Through the Cracks #write31days 10-22-16

Does your life seem to be full of days when things "slip through the cracks"? Lately, I seem to have a LOT of those days. One such day was YESTERDAY. Early in the wee hours of this morning (10/23/16 around 3am), I abruptly woke up and realized that I'd never written or published a #write31days post for October 22nd!

At the time of the awakening, I was sharing a twin bed with a 3 & 1/2 year old and sleeping UNDER a Disney Princess tent. Had I been in my own bed, I would probably have grabbed the laptop & written something right then. But, when a young child is sleeping peacefully beside you... you stay quiet & you don't move.

This is my fifth year to accept the writing challenge (aka the #write31days challenge) begun by the Nester several years ago. I have never missed posting on the day. I had hoped not to do that this year - especially after getting back in the country after traveling the first 8 days of October and having posted each of those days.

But, yesterday was FULL and FUN. And, special people and special places took over my mind. I lived in the moment. I lost track of time & enjoyed spending time with dear family members & friends.

It's said that we should... Live in the moment. That's what I've been doing. And, I've been doing it without regret. A great health tip for health, wholeness and wellness is to LIVE IN THE MOMENT. However, the Cookie Monster quote might be a little over the top - ha ha!

Sometimes things slip through the cracks and it's perfectly alright for them to do so!!

5 Minute Free-For-All - Sometimes Things Slip Through the Cracks #write31days 10-22-16


No comments:

Post a Comment