Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 October 2012

Crazy Clutter! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 13 October 2012

Great friends from 4 different states
who found fun, good friends at UC-CCM
We just returned home from our spontaneous get-away that involved a concert at our son's school (University of Cincinnati,  College - Conservatory of Music), a night in a hotel & some fun times with Tyler's friends & some of their family members who were also in town visiting. 

It all happened so fast yesterday afternoon that I pretty much threw some clothes in a bag & ran out the door. I did think to fill a few water & food bowls around the house for the kitty. I also left a hidden key outside & texted a friend to see if she could come check on him today.

I knew the kitchen wasn't spotless but, it wasn't that bad. The sun room was dusty but, pretty picked up.  The rest of the house she'd walk through was fine - not perfect but, fine. And, the laundry room (where the kitty things are) was sparkling since the dryer repairman had just been there a few days before :)

But... one room! One room looks like a bomb has exploded in it. Well, a bomb of clean clothes  & storage bins from transitioning the closets and drawers from summer to autumn. The process has taken a little longer than it should have. And, I admit... it wouldn't be honest to blame the delay on our dryer problem either. Regardless... the master bedroom is crazy cluttered. And, which door did I forget to close before I ran out? The one to our bedroom - right on the way to the laundry room.

I wonder what my friend thought as she walked by that explosion of a room this morning. The good news... she's a good friend who won't judge me on that room alone - ha ha :)

In my sense of a perfect world when I was younger, everything would have been perfect... no clutter... no crazy twists & turns... hard work with good results. I had it all figured out. Life would be fair!! If I did my best, things would be great - if not perfect. But, as I saw more & more of life, I realized that there's no controlling it and that life is messy.

It took awhile. But, it finally made sense to me...  if we focus on the imperfect and the twists & turns... the clutter of life, like the clutter in my room, we miss out on too many smiles. So tonight - after a fun quick get-away with the LOML, I'm taking a few more hours to relax and enjoy the cool autumn evening back at home beside the fireplace with my guy. The room will be cluttered for a few more days. But, my mind has been uncluttered by the relaxed time hanging with the LOML this "my birthday weekend" without a demanding agenda!




Shared with the 2013 31 days {of change}...

No comments:

Post a Comment