Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

27 April 2012

ONCE A BEACH GIRL, ALWAYS A BEACH GIRL!


I spent my high school years along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean in Palm Beach County, Florida. My high school was brand new. But, in the time it took for construction to be completed, the local population grew so much that they had to open the high school with split sessions. I was in the EARLY group with school beginning at 7:15am and ending at 12:15pm. It worked out perfectly getting me in the habit of getting up early. I often watched the sun rise as I walked to school.

Our preacher's family of five lived just under a mile from school. My parents we NOT fans of driving us to school unless there was a storm happening.  So, we walked to/from school every day! Most of my walks to school happened as the sun was coming up. I guess that's where my love of the sunrise really began. It gave me a wonderful start to each day.

This past week while vacationing in a home just across the street from the ocean, I renewed my love for walking along the sea as the sun begins to announce its presence. It's best to go out at least 45 minutes before the actual "sunrise time". That way you see all the changes in color. My walking/exercise wasn't as vigorous as usual but, the overall effect was incredible. I loved watching the changes that occurred moment by moment as the sun crept closer to the horizon... breached the horizon... and moved into the sky.
Not only did I get to experience gorgeous sunrises over the ocean, I also enjoyed some beautiful sunsets. 

I've always been a southern Florida - East Coast beach girl - probably mainly due to the gorgeous sunrises over the ocean. Last week as I watched the clouds over the Atlantic turn one beautiful color after another as the sun set in the west, I concluded that I'm still on the same page about that! 

I'm a beach girl... an East Coast Beach Girl :)

"From the rising of the sun to its going down The LORD's name is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

No comments:

Post a Comment