Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

08 July 2014

Rainy Days Call For...

Rainy days call for an afternoon nap for some... and writing for others... as they listen to the pouring rain & watch water drops roll of the top branches of a tall fir tree probably older than Grandma Moses :)

It's raining hard this afternoon (as was predicted). I should have ventured out before the noon hour. Instead, my mind & body craved a bit of quiet time after a flurry of wonderfully busy days with loved ones. Little Miss A was quite content having a tea party in her Pack N Play with all her dolls & animals. Aside from meal & snack breaks and some reading/cuddle time, we tended to keep ourselves pretty content. 

Looking at the calendar, I realized I'd failed to post my most recent month's #JoyDare list over a week ago! I added a few pics to the words already written, very quickly proofed the text & published it. Looking back on that one month of reminders of God's loving-kindness & faithfulness filled my heart with gratitude. Seeing some of the thoughts that God placed on my heart... seeing some of the pictures of moments that had brought joy...  knowing that on most days I could have listed more than three... reminded me that every day GOD IS ABUNDANTLY FAITHFUL & LOVING!

The rain has let up. The baby still sleeps. Quiet jazz plays on the iPod player which I brought along to play familiar music to make this place seem more like home for all of us. The sky's still gray. But, the clouds have lifted a bit & I can faintly catch a glimpse of Lake Chautauqua through the trees in our sky-top efficiency here within the gates. The view of the distant shore brings new feelings after spending time with my friend last week over there while she was home to visit family at the home of her childhood. 

Some rainy afternoons are great for naps for me. Today was not one of those afternoons. It was one where I needed to capture my thoughts and count my blessings... with words that flooded my mind & heart. And, I am claiming the promise... 
The LORD will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Psalm 38:8

 #JoyDare No. 2737 -  writing on rainy days & remembering... 

No comments:

Post a Comment