Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

14 July 2014

PAIRINGS - A Place of Quiet Rest

I don't know about you... but, some days I really need a place of quiet rest. Today is one of those days for me. And, on such days, I'm reminded of the lyrics of an old beloved hymn. "Near To the Heart of God" was written by Cleland B. McAfee in 1903!!! I looked it up & it says that the inspiration for the lyrics came from the following promise -- one of my favorites:
Those who trust in the lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:11



I'm trusting that God will draw near to my spirit today & give me assurance that He is working on my behalf even on the rough days!!

The lyrics to NEAR TO THE HEART OF GOD:

There is a place of quiet rest,
Near to the heart of God;
A place where sin cannot molest,
Near to the heart of God.

O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
Sent from the heart of God;
Hold us, who wait before Thee,
Near to the heart of God.


There is a place of comfort sweet,
Near to the heart of God;
A place where we our Savior meet,
Near to the heart of God.

O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
Sent from the heart of God;
Hold us, who wait before Thee,
Near to the heart of God.


There is a place of full release,
Near to the heart of God;
A place where all is joy and peace,
Near to the heart of God.

O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
Sent from the heart of God;
Hold us, who wait before Thee,
Near to the heart of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment