Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 July 2014

Just Because You Don't SEE...


Today is Monday... and, this Saturday we move out of here... to a place yet not known.

Today is rainy and cold (really cold - 57 degrees at 3pm). Those are not conducive conditions for going out with an 18-month old (who's napping now - praise God) to look for a place to stay here for our last 10 days. As I said to a friend earlier, I'm glad that when I can't actively work on something... God is still at work. The weather (or any of our other obstacles) are no match for His abilities!

Today others might look out the windows of our tiny tree-top Chautauqua apartment & see only rain drops clinging to the tall fir tree branches & gray clouds through the lacy limbs. But, I look out and, I know that a small piece of beautiful Lake Chautauqua is there, as well!




Just because you don't see something... doesn't mean it's not there!

When I was 15 years old, I lost one of my contact lenses while having a practice for the upcoming "powder puff" football game. Friends & I searched for hours to no avail. That evening I returned to the field alone & looked again. I got totally discouraged, slumped down on the ground sitting with my legs folded. I closed my eyes and prayed. As I was praying I was fingering the grass and... you probably guessed it... the contact was in my fingers. A contact lense that had been lost over 5-6 hours before was found with my eyes closed. It was somewhat like finding a needle in a haystack. 

So, that's my prayer for this situation We are so blessed that Jessica is able to take advantage of this awesome opportunity to study, work & learn as a VACI student. And, I'm praying that something great works out for this situation. 

Today, I am praying with expectation for another "needle in a haystack" miracle from the One who holds the future and holds my hand!


#JoyDare No. 2797. 57 degrees & rain... why?

No comments:

Post a Comment