Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

23 July 2014

10 Days To 10 Days

ATTENTION: You... yes, YOU!
I posted this picture earlier today on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. The caption read:

ATTENTION: You... yes, YOU! 10 days to 10 days without a place to stay!!! If worse comes to worse, we found a room with a sink, a ceiling fan & a twin bed We are praying for a little miracle  Surely, there's an empty guest house or guest suite in this place! Keep those prayers & positive thoughts going!!!

I recently posted a plea for help about housing for the girls & I here inside Chautauqua Institution for our last 10 nights. Most of the places here on the inside are booked about a year in advance. My daughter didn't know she'd been accepted into the Visual Arts program until early May. Due to the special guest during that week, Ken Burns, Week 7 was pretty much sold out, as far as housing goes. We secured a place through Friday night, August 1st. However, we need to be here through the night of August 11th.

I continue to pray and ask God to part the Red Sea for us on this housing issue. We need to be ON THE INSIDE of Chautauqua -- not in Mayville or Jamestown. I know it sounds a bit mean, but... I really wish that the couple who booked our little apartment a year ahead for week 7 would decide not to come or to rent another place. I also wish that a resident who might have an empty guest suite or guest house for the week would be inclined to allow us to use it.

As I said on my social media note earlier today, I know of one place that has a room with a double bed, sink & ceiling fan available for that week. I have no idea if there's room to set up a Pack N Play though. This is certainly not ideal for our situation with an 18-month toddler. But, it's better than trying to live out of our car in the Main Parking Lot -- pretty sure that's against their Rules & Reg's :)

Today marks 10 days until we need a place to stay for 10 days. Whisper a prayer for us, if you would :) I am believing that God will provide for this need!

Help us, O God of our salvation!
Help us for the glory of your name.
Save us and forgive our sins
for the honor of your name.




No comments:

Post a Comment