Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

23 March 2014

What a Coincidence...

How often do you say or hear:  
"Wow, what a coincidence!"
Do you hear or say things like this?
"It was so ironic that things worked out that way!"
Seems like I'm always hearing the words coincidence & ironic used...
  • It's such a coincidence that the day my car broke down the neighbor offered to let me use their car while they were on vacation.
  • How ironic that the child who drove us crazy with questions grew up to be a trial attorney!
  • What a coincidence that the day our furnace broke, we got a refund on our taxes which had been figured out & submitted incorrectly.
  • It's pretty ironic that I went to a state school known for partying and ended up connecting with some life-long non-partying Christian friends.
Peace is the deliberate adjustment
of my life to the will of God.
Here's something that happened to me. Would you find it ironic or a coincidence that I created this photo-quote pairing in the morning
 and then heard a loved one say words I'd been praying to hear for 5 years?

The past five years have been, by far, the worst years of my life. I've had to work hard to FIND PEACE in these years. I've had to trust in something that I could not see -- something that often looked as if it would be unattainable. I've had to give up on some of my dreams & trust in the plans and provisions of a loving God.

The only way I found peace was in surrender -- surrender to trusting in the will of God, even when I didn't know what that was. I deliberately had to ADJUST my life to accept that God was working even when it was totally obscured from me. It was a process. Even though I had scriptures (promises) memorized and even though I had audibly claimed so many of those promises, it was a process to walk in those promises. It required a conscious adjustment.

I'm not a big fan of the words "coincidence" and "ironic" when it comes to how life plays out. I'm more of a believer that God is working 24/7 on what the final outcome will be -- even when we aren't walking in step with him. He is eternally working things out for our good! 

How ironic... what a coincidence... not so much. 

God you are awesome... that works better for me!

Any times in your life that you saw the hand of God in such a way? Share with me!

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment