|Cabin Number 8 -|
beside a yellow lake :)
And, a huge, important chapter of my life closed the day I handed that humble cabin over to my cousin, her husband and their 2 daughters. The chapter was full...
- I'd driven there with my husband (the LOML) and our firstborn when she was barely 4 months old.
- I'd rowed our boat along the shore of the lake with both of the children (relunctantly strapped tightly into life jackets because their mom loved them so much).
- I'd attended the Campmeetings sponsored by the church ministry which owned the land and saved crafts made by the children in their day classes while I was attending Bible studies & lectures.
- We'd taken pictures of the children at "the climbing tree" from the time they were infants until they were into their teens.
- I'd taken the kids there in the summer for a few days in the week to have "Daddy" drive up & join us on Friday nights after work for the weekend.
- I'd begun friendships there... that will be with me in heaven.
|the climbing tree|
A chapter of my life closed when that place was no longer mine.
|the LOML & I|
in our little living room
|soccer practice as|
the children got older
|sunrise from the kitchen|
|fun with friends|
A time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.
Yes... I believe that for everything there is a season. But, my heart cries that the change of seasons can be pretty rough on one's soul. Yet, God remains faithful!
|... the last time we were there.|
A Chapter Closed Today...
Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...