Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 August 2013

Captivity & Oppression

Lions & Tigers & Bears... OH MY! 

What a title for a blog post, "Captivity & Oppression". 

Who would want to read something with that title? But, alas, I write from the heart & from what I know. And lately, I've been feeling a lot of captivity & oppression!

There are so many things going on in my life lately which have prompted spontaneous blog entries - living now as unpublished drafts. But, I'll need to wait until there's "more water under the bridge" before those entries get published :/ I wrote one late the other night entitled: "Hostage in My Own Home." I have no idea when that post will be cleaned up & published. But, it sure did feel good to put my feelings down on paper, so to speak. I've almost felt oppressed at times by many of the things happening around me. One of the scriptures I cited today reminded me of that blog entry & encouraged me to claim that Jesus was sent to proclaim that the captives & oppressed would be set free. I'm reminded today that life's circumstances & the choices of others in my life have no hold on my personal freedom. My freedom comes through Christ & was guaranteed when He took my sins upon the cross.

"The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the LORD's favor has come." 
Luke 4:18-19


My challenge to you out there who call yourself by the name of Christ follower... walk in the knowledge that, no matter what, we are FREE IN CHRIST. 
With the recognition of that knowledge, how can we not be seen by other as "salt & light" in this world.

As for me, I'm standing up to the scary animals in my life & claiming the scripture...

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them,
because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 

No comments:

Post a Comment