Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

15 February 2013

12:06am

Just like last night, the day has come and gone... and I am awake. Just like last night, I'm worn out from the day but, yet wide awake. Just like last night, I am comforted by the sound of the LOML's breathing as he deeply sleeps.

But, tonight is different...

Tonight I hold a sleeping 4- week old little girl who is doing her own version of snoring. Tonight, a once estranged child lies beside me on the other couch -- sleeping more peacefully, I suspect, than she's slept in weeks. There won't be drama in the morning... just coffee made by her daddy & farm-fresh eggs scrambled by her mom... and jammie-time in front of the fire while fashion trends & gardening techniques are discussed on TV.

Tonight, I watch the glow of the embers of a fire & hear the sounds of a late night show in the background. A small light barely illuminates the room... the small lamp that we received nearly 25 years ago as a wedding gift.

And, how long will this moment of Peace on Earth last? Moments of sheer peace are hard to find in the hustle & bustle of this world. They are moments to be cherished... moments that stop the hands of time... moments that are treasured forever.

This moment rests in the hands of God. He knows how much the mom needs her rest. He knows the love of the father & grandfather to be willing to sleep upright in a chair to be close to "his girls". He knows the fulfillment of the mother & grandmother's heart to allow her joy to flow onto the written page and to hold this precious sleeping baby.

Joy comes in the moments. And, joy in the moments stays with us... for eternity.

HIS WORDS:

  • "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5
  • "The joy of the LORD is my strength." Nehemiah 8:10b
  • "In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:19






No comments:

Post a Comment