Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 February 2013

Spring in February?



photo by T. Getz
There are some wonderful hints of SPRING today even in the middle of February...


the fresh smell of the air, 
the warmth of the bright sun, 
seeing the grass (even though it's brown), 
a few birds singing...
What a blessing to see hint of the coming spring in the months of the year where we, in Indiana, know that SNOW is just a cloud away.  

Sometimes the HINT of something good gives us strength to face the day. And, lest we forget the origin of all blessings... all joys... Is it due to our hard work or our efforts?


"Neither he who plants is anything,
nor he who waters,
but God who gives the increase."

Another translation says, 
"It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What's important is that God makes the seed grow." NLT  

We can play a part in God's plans. We need to play a part in His plans, as He directs. What we must recognize is that the value of OUR help comes from being used by God to bring His plans about.

1 comment: