Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 October 2012

Crazy Auto-Correct! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 25 October 2012


Who else remembers watching The Jetson's and Star Trek (with the dreamy Captain James T. Kirk)? And besides me, who remembers seeing those shows & dreaming of the perfect days in the future? My hot button back then was having to do chores inside the house before going out to run & play. My dream was for a day when a "Rosie-like" robot would take care of that mundane work for me as I enjoyed the outdoor air - hiking, riding my pet horse, playing with my pet spider monkey, etc.

Well, years have passed & many of those fantasies have become reality. But, as we've learned from our laptops & smart phone, those gadgets often seem to have their own mind on how things should be done. One constant point of contention for me is the "auto-correct" feature which is helpful 98% of the time & maddening the rest of the time! Perhaps I'm just an impatient or sloppy key entry person :) 

Earlier today my friend, Brooke, posted the following on Facebook:

Just sent my fiance' a text saying "Whatcha doping?". Either I have fat fingers or I've been reading too many articles about Lance Armstrong.
I "liked" her comment & then told her about what has happened repeatedly to me:

My auto-correct is always ending my texts to my husband with, "I love you homey" -- even when I enter the letters h-o-n-e-y, it usually defaults to homey!
It's really nice that my phone & laptop know to capitalize the second letter in the APPLE FAMILY MEMBERS... iPad, iTouch, iPhone, iTunes, etc. And, they've even figured out that I like to sign my notes & texts with my name beginning with a lowercase "c". But, why does it insist that the word satan begins with a capital "S" but that the word God begins with a lower-case "g"? That bugs me. And, what in the world have I typed to result in an auto-corrected word of sassafras in several texts?


"A penny for your thoughts, homey."
As things become easier & we allow the world to "finish our words," we increase the chance of our intent being miss-communicated. We need to continue to keep our eyes open in order make sure we'are sending the correct message. I don't want society to auto-correct what I say & do to fit their view. I must remain intentional in my speaking & in my actions in order to present a clear picture to those around me. 

Post a few of your auto-correct mishaps or perhaps your views on how our advance in technology has actually limited our clear communication


His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog; using it because i love the words of God)
  • "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' be 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."  Matthew 5:37
  • "Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. Everything I say is right, for I speak the truth and detest every kind of deceptionMy advice is wholesome. There is nothing devious or crooked in it. My words are plain to anyone with understanding, clear to those with knowledge."  Proverbs 8:6-9
  • "Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own personal interests. By smooth talk and glowing words they deceive innocent people."  Romans 16:18
Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment