Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 October 2012

Crazy Colors! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 18 October 2012

‎"Who can hold an autumn leaf in their hand,
or sift the warm white sand on the beach,
and not wonder at the Creator of it all?"
 ~ Wendy Moore

I've resisted writing this post for DAYS now... seeing that each day seems to out do the previous.  The colors of autumn have overtaken my country setting - amid the corn fields, the horse pastures, the pig pens & chicken coops.  Each day the crops which are awaiting harvest take on a new shade or hue. The fields which have already been harvested are changing too - with the preparation for next year - tilling, fertilizing, etc.  From early morning 'til the end of the day, the changing light brings new colors & nuances to each tree, flower, field, and more.


Can something this amazing, this breathtaking, this awe-inspiring... be by chance?  If this is just what happens as the globe turns and seasons come & go, why does it inspire such wonder in our hearts & minds.  Why are we captivated by this time of year & these colors in nature that we have seen year after year... and that we will see for years to come?  Why does the sound of the ocean or the view of a rainbow move us?

There's a scripture in the Old Testament that speaks to me about these things. It's from the book of Ecclesiastes... ".. God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart ..."  Ecclesiastes 3:11  I believe there's a resonance in our hearts with the earthly things which some consider to be mundane. It's a taste of heaven. And, it's a JOY that can't really be explained.

So, when I look around & the simple things of nature or of my day bring me incredible JOY & a peace, I feel a connection with eternity.  And, I thank God once again for the relationship I have with Him & the love He has for every single human soul on this earth & the relationship He awaits with each of them. 


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...



No comments:

Post a Comment