Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 October 2012

Crazy Calm! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 17 October 2012

Right now, as night draws near, we are experiencing a calm after the storm -- actually we're hoping it's that & not the calm between the storms.  

And the animals next door aren't running for the barn.  So, I think we're good for now :)

The change of the seasons in Indiana (where I am JOYfully STUCK) often brings unpredictable weather. 


And, today after getting a text from my neighbor, I laced up my shoes & ran out the door. We looked at the clouds in the southwest & kidded about the time her 16 year old had to drive out to pick us up when the skies opened.  We fiercely headed out!  On 100 North, we took the turn north & looked over our shoulders. Pretty crazy skies over there! We fought our better senses & kept going for about another half mile. Then I began feeling a few raindrops.  We turned around & "high-tailed" it back.  Thankfully I made it onto my front porch as the sky opened.   

When it comes to walking in storms, I'm okay with it -- as long as lightning isn't involved.  There's something about the wind & clouds.  Energy wells up in me.  And, there's something about the calm after the storm.  The calm brings sweet peace.  Neither can last forever.  Each have benefits.  Kind of like life!  

As for this moment, I am enjoying the calm :) 


His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog)
  • "Then he asked them, "Where is your faith?" The disciples were terrified and amazed. "Who is this man?" they asked each other. "When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!Luke 8:25 NLT
  • "When he speaks in the thunder, the heavens are filled with water. He causes the clouds to rise over the earth. He sends the lightning with the rain and releases the wind from his storehouses." Jeremiah 51:16 NLT
  • "And now may God, who gives us his peace, be with you all. Amen." Romans 15:33 NLT

Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

  Shared with the Ann Voskamp 1000 Gifts Community on 10-29-12

No comments:

Post a Comment