Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 October 2012

Crazy Dawn Patrol! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 16 October 2012

It's been said, "Set your best foot forward & the other is sure to follow."  And, this morning, I was chomping at the bit (so to speak) to put my foot out the door! The temps in the night had been in the mid 30's and, it hadn't climbed much when I was preparing to head out for what I call a "walk about".  I could see frost on the ground, fences, & barn roof tops.  AND, I couldn't wait to get out.

There's something about cold, cold air filling your lungs in the early morning as you feel the warmth of the sun rising in the east. I feel alive when I am outside watching the day begin. And, so... I do the "dawn patrol" as many days as possible.  And, this time of year makes it even better...  


The morning mist rises in the air...

The shadows are long...

Our corner of the world is ablaze with the birth of autumn...  

Frosted leaves crunched under your feet... 

Row's of newly harvested corn are accented by frost
melting off & being reflected by the rising sun... 

I don't know that I'd say I'm a morning person.  But, I have learned that the morning comes more easily for me when shared with the great outdoors. I walk out the door to see the coming of the day.  In the process, I'm energized for my morning exercise & for the tasks waiting ahead.  Sometimes it only takes one step in the right direction to get the momentum going.  This is true with much more than morning walks. When I start working on a dreaded project, it always seems easier than I anticipated.  Another area in my life where I see this is with my morning quiet time (reading the Bible & trying to hear what God is saying to me). Adopting a "dawn patrol" philosophy makes all the difference for me. If I take the first step, I seem to follow through :)  

"Set your best foot forward & the other is sure to follow."

Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment