Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

01 August 2012

When Dreams Die

"Yes, it is cancer."
     "We are getting divorced."
          "It's time to turn him/her over to hospice care."
               "The baby didn't make it."

When you hear words you prayed you'd never hear... 

and you have no idea what to say when you pray... 

and you can't possibly conceive how good can come from "this". 

When you want to wrap yourself in a blanket and never leave home... and never utter a sound beyond the walls of your mind. 

When you feel the pain in a loved one's heart but, have no comfort to give... and see the hopelessness in the eyes of another but are no longer regarded as a source of hope by that loved one. 

When dreams are shattered... when dreams die... hope can only be found in resurrection -- new life, after death. Hope can only be felt if you believe in & expectantly look for miracles. 

When you are stubborn in believing in & expecting miracles, you wrap yourself in the blanket...

of God's love...

and, you wait... expectantly!


photo by T. Getz



Shared with the Ann Voskamp Community on Wednesday, 9/19/12

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment