Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

06 August 2012

Eat More Veggies...

Oh My Goodness... the amount of talking about Chick-Fil-A's executive's radio interview responses & the boycotts & the rallies (for eating more chicken & against eating more chicken)... the blogs from Christians supporting both viewpoints (pro & con eating more chicken)... the blogs from various non-church groups...


Eat more veggies... and more fruit too!
How could I resist letting you see my 2 cents (and that's what it's worth - from a nobody from Indiana ha ha!)...

  • Hating Gay People is WRONG. Hating PEOPLE is wrong.
  • Believing in what Christians term as "traditional marriage" is not necessarily hating gay people.

We should LOVE not hate.  "Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

  • Responding to a direct question when interviewed is a constitutional right - even if it's not politically correct.
  • US Constitution Bill of Rights First Amendment
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

  • A lot of companies support a lot of "groups" of which we are not aware.
  • So, are we to thoroughly check-out what every company gives money to before we buy something from them?  Is that something YOU do... for every company you support with your purchases?

We need to seek truth in ourselves first.  "How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?"  Matthew 7:4

  • Christ-like love is unconditional.
  • Love does not always mean agreement with something. (Trust me, as a parent, my children have made & will likely make choices I do not support... but, I love my children UNCONDITIONALLY.)

Love people, regardless of their differences. "God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other."  1 John 4:9-11 

It's tough to navigate the waters these days.  I don't want to offend.  But, I don't want to have someone else define what is "truth" for me. I want to love unconditionally but, yet be free to state my view on issues.  For me, I have decided to pray before speaking as often as I can!!!  There's a great scripture in Psalm to that affect:
"Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips." Psalm 141:3  The NLT version puts it this way: "Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips."
I promise, as a follower of Christ, to commit DAILY to live by the words... 
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
That's what I've decided to do... how about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment