|Eat more veggies... and more fruit too!|
- Hating Gay People is WRONG. Hating PEOPLE is wrong.
- Believing in what Christians term as "traditional marriage" is not necessarily hating gay people.
We should LOVE not hate. "Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Responding to a direct question when interviewed is a constitutional right - even if it's not politically correct.
- US Constitution Bill of Rights First Amendment
- A lot of companies support a lot of "groups" of which we are not aware.
- So, are we to thoroughly check-out what every company gives money to before we buy something from them? Is that something YOU do... for every company you support with your purchases?
We need to seek truth in ourselves first. "How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:4
- Christ-like love is unconditional.
- Love does not always mean agreement with something. (Trust me, as a parent, my children have made & will likely make choices I do not support... but, I love my children UNCONDITIONALLY.)
Love people, regardless of their differences. "God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other." 1 John 4:9-11
It's tough to navigate the waters these days. I don't want to offend. But, I don't want to have someone else define what is "truth" for me. I want to love unconditionally but, yet be free to state my view on issues. For me, I have decided to pray before speaking as often as I can!!! There's a great scripture in Psalm to that affect:
"Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips." Psalm 141:3 The NLT version puts it this way: "Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips."I promise, as a follower of Christ, to commit DAILY to live by the words...
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14That's what I've decided to do... how about you?