Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 July 2012

Christmas in July

I'm an over achiever (no surprise to some reading this). And, in my younger days, I used to stress about almost EVERYTHING. I had all these ideas about what a grown-up woman - a wife, a mom - would do in almost any situation and season.  I had started a tradition of writing an annual Christmas letter when I was single.  I saw no reason that the tradition should not continue as I became a "grown-up lady."  My circle of friends had become larger - but, doesn't that happen as you "grow up" :)

To make a long story short (which is always something I look for in a blog), I FAILED.  With 2 young children, a full time job myself & a husband working full time, plus working on his master's degree, I just couldn't seem to get those Christmas cards sent on time.  I'd begin the process in mid-November & get about 20-25 sent.  Then the season would be upon me & the boxes of cards would sit around my house for weeks... actually months.


After 3 Christmases of FAILING in that way, I made a decision to send my Christmas cards out in JULY.  What a relief that was!  What a shock it was for the friends who got a lovely Christmas card in their mailbox in the middle of summer.

Time has moved on & I am no longer mailing out cards for Christmas.  I told a friend today that I might do that again when I am REALLY OLD, as opposed to NEARLY OLD (my current state).  But, nonetheless, allowing myself to relax my self-imposed mandates was the beginning of a new season for me.


So, turn on the Carpenter's Christmas album, watch White Christmas and stay in your jammies all day... and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS IN JULY friends.

Merry Christmas - the stuckinindiana family :D


May the peace of Christ...
     ... the Babe in the manger
           ... the Lamb slain for payment of our sins on the Cross
Rule in your hearts,
stuckinindiana (and quite happy about it)


A related post by a friend, Christa Sterken... Christmas in July with Kids

A related post from Women of Faith... Women of Faith Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment