Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 November 2011

A Picture of HOPE

I've inserted a picture of HOPE in my life - this week. Those who know my personal story know that we've been going through quite a journey lately. So many people are silently going through journeys that test them, try them and nearly tear them apart. It's not uncommon.

I'm so thankful for a few trusted individuals who are making this journey with me. It's foolish to face life's struggles alone! The Lord has remained faithful to us beyond understanding. And, I have learned so many things from the journey & seen so many ways God is using it to bring glory to Him!! 

But, I've gotten to the point where I don't even really know how to pray... should this happen... or this happen... or this not happen... and on and on. I can honestly say that I totally relate to and understand Romans 8:26:

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words."

Our daughter was asked to do a painting to be used in the Silent Auction at our church's Women's Ministries event on Nov 19, 2011: "A Very MARY Christmas".  She wanted ideas of what to paint. But, I suggested she review the website to see what the event was all about.

What she came up with filled me with a new sense of hope for what I have been facing and also with a sense of hope for others in my life who are struggling with something or looking ahead at uncertain times.  For me, it was a picture of HOPE!

I was once again reminded that the joy I have... comes from within. I believe that it's the real JOY -- which can come only from God. You could say this was a coincidence. But, I feel that God also placed a great quote right in front of me on the same day that I saw the completed painting. This quote rings so true for me:
"Find a place inside where there's joy. And, the joy will burn out the pain." ~ Joseph Campbell
Joseph Campbell's words sounded like God had spoken them to my heart that day. And once again, I am reminded of a favorite verse:

"In the midst of the anxieties within me, 
Your comforts, O God, delight my soul." 
Psalm 94:19

(written 11-16-11 - published 12-9-16 that's how LIFE goes) 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of HOPE! May God continue to be with you and send friends to come alongside you as you journey through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through some adult child "stuff" right now. You have ministered to my soul today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful painting of Hope! (Couldn't we ALL use a little more of that?) Great post!

    ReplyDelete