Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

11 November 2011

When Life Throws Curve Balls...


This week’s weather's been all over the board. I sat out in the sun on one day... it snowed the next. I got to watch the farmer harvest the HUGE field on the south of our property another day. (I might or might not have hidden in a pine tree to take pictures... and might or might not have been spotted by the farmer in the passing tractor. Good thing I can laugh at myself.)  The next day the harvesters had to work in snow!

I've seen brilliant sunny mornings and cold, dreary, rainy mornings. I've laughed & laughed with friends as we've shared stories.  I've felt moments of betrayal & sadness. I've watched huge snowflakes fall and settle like flocking on everything around. I've had moments of uncertainty & insecurity. I've had moments of complete peace & joy.  Things for me this week... have been all over the board - just like the weather!


Today I took pictures of the sunrise & sunset from my back patio.  The warmth of the sun was so refreshing in the morning.  The setting of the sun in the evening brought stillness & peace.  

And, as I took that last picture, I was reminded of Psalm 113:3, "From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name shall be praised."

What a great reminder that my praise for God shouldn't be dependent upon circumstances around me but, His joy within me. Choose joy friends... and praise Him from the rising of the sun 'till the going down of the same... regardless of what is happening around you!




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Karrilee :) So thankful to have connected with you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I am struggling to balance all the spinning plates in my life lately. But, I HAVE HOPE & know that while writing & reading might be on a back burner now, they will always be a big part of ME :) I love the opportunity to share #tbt posts :)

      Delete